Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions apply to all services provided by Wai Shuttles Ltd and/or Wai Tours Ltd (us/we) and to all bookings made by you (passenger) on a service or tour provided by Wai Shuttles Ltd or by Wai Tours Ltd (which ever is applicable).
- All bookings are made with Wai Shuttles Ltd / Wai Tours Ltd (us/we). By making a booking, the passenger (you) is deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions on behalf of all individuals included in the booking. The services to be provided are those in your booking confirmation invoice. No alterations or variations to these terms and conditions are in effect unless made in writing by and under the authority of Wai Shuttles Ltd / Wai Tours Ltd.
- Smoking is not permitted inside our vehicles at any time.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted inside our vehicles.
Fees & Pricing
- All prices quoted are in New Zealand Dollars, including tax (GST). Wai Shuttles Ltd / Wai Tours Ltd will issue a Tax Invoice upon request
- All prices listed are on a per person basis unless otherwise stated or quoted.
- Adult prices (if applicable) apply to all persons over the age of 18 years at the time of commencement of the tour or service.
- Child prices (if applicable) apply to persons under the age of 18 years at the commencement of the service. Children will be permitted carriage only on shuttle services & private tours and will be charged accordingly on a case-by-case basis. Under no circumstances are children allowed on a transport service without being directly accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. As such, no person under the age of 18 years of age will be allowed to consume/taste wine or any other alcohol at any stage of the tour, regardless of who supplies it. Valid identification may be requested and if not produced a portion of the booking will be cancelled with no right to refund. Should anyone during a transfer service supply alcohol to a minor they will be reported to the police without hesitation. If a passenger who has claimed to be a child but is identified as not qualifying for a reduced child rate, the guest will be required to provide the balance of difference between the full rate and reduced rate for the tour before being permitted to start the tour.
- Inclusions – Prices include all inclusions as indicated on the service / tour description on our websites.
- Personal property, baggage, and personal insurance – It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate travel insurance as Wai Shuttles Ltd / Wai Tours Ltd does not accept any liability for any personal items of property lost or stolen on the tour
- A cleaning fee of up to $150 may apply if the vehicle interior is soiled during the transfer or shuttle service.
- Credit and Debit cards – we accept the following credit cards for payment:
- EFTPOS cards from NZ banks
- Credit card service fee While we do not charge customers a service fee on credit card payments, some banks have been known charge their customers a small fee for what they see as an international transaction. Please check with your bank prior to purchase if this will affect your payment.
- Deposits: A Deposit of 50% is required at the time of the booking. This must be made at the time of booking by online credit card payment
- The outstanding balance (the remaining 50% of the price) must be paid prior to departure. We have EFTPOS and Credit Card facilities on the bus to facilitate convenient payment.
Cancellations and amendments
Any request by either the customer or agent to cancel a booking will be subject to the following refund conditions:
- 28+ days before departure – Full refund (no cancellation fee)
- 15 – 28 days before departure – cancellation fee equal to 20% of fare price
- 48hrs – 14 days until departure – cancellation fee equal to 30% of fare price
- Up to 48hrs before departure – cancellation fee equal to 50% of fare price.
- In the case of a no show at departure, cancellation fee of 50% of fare price, i.e. forfeiture of deposit paid.
Refunds are only payable inasmuch as the booking fees have been received by Wai Shuttles Ltd.
- There will be no entitlement to a refund of 50% deposit for any cancellation notified less than 48 hours of the booked departure time.
- Cancellation due to being infected with a pandemic virus or presenting symptoms associated with a pandemic (e.g. COVID) – Should guests be infected with any pandemic virus or be presenting symptoms associated with a pandemic virus, guests are legally required not to partake in the transfer. Under such circumstances, guests will be eligible for a voucher redeemable for the same/similar experience originally purchased, valid for 24 months from date of cancellation. In cases where this is not acceptable to the guests, cancellation fees will be in line with the Cancellation fee policy in a) and b) above. If guests have to amend their booking due to pandemic travel restrictions not allowing travel, please contact us to arrange rescheduling or to discuss alternative
- Wai Shuttles Ltd / Wai Tours Ltd right to cancel – At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to reschedule or cancel any transfer or shuttle service before departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, extreme weather, political instability, or any other external events it is not viable or possible for us to operate the planned itinerary. Customers will be eligible for a full refund in such cases. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to accommodation, visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
- Wai Shuttles is not liable for any direct expenses or consequential losses incurred by a passenger due to delays, lateness in service, cancellations etc. (e.g. missing flights, meetings, deadlines etc).
Amendments to Itineraries by Wai Shuttles Ltd,
While we endeavour to operate all shuttle services and tours as described, we reserve the right to change the shuttle services. The itinerary / schedule provided for each experience is representative of the activities planned; however, the route, amenities, stops, and modes of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances or events. If we make a major change before departure, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. Should you feel that any of changes made a significant impact on your enjoyment of the experience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. We will endeavour to reach a suitable resolution.
- Timeliness We rely on guests to be prompt at the start of the shuttle service/tour, to help facilitate an enjoyable and punctual experience for everyone onboard. Guests must adhere to the start time set out in their booking confirmation. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher or email and we’ll do our best to help you catch up. If a guest hasn’t arrived on time and without any contact, Wai Tours Ltd / Wai Shuttles Ltd will consider the guest to be a “no show” and the tour or service will start without them, with no refund to be provided.
- Pick-up Time will be listed in the booking confirmation (for example, 9:00am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated departure point (railway station, in the hotel lobby or out the front of their accommodation) at the designated pick-up time. It is recommended that you aim to arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time to prevent being late.
Acceptance of risk & Liability
- For our transfer and shuttle services Wai Shuttles Ltd cannot accept liability for any loss, damage or expense incurred by you as a result of you missing a flight or other travel connection. You must allow enough time to get to your destination and book a time 2 ½ – 3 hours before your flight departure. Delays may occur for reasons beyond our control due to traffic issues and road closure (road works, accidents, weather conditions).
- While Wai Shuttles Ltd holds a Public Liability Insurance Policy, travel insurance is not included for customers of any of our services. By joining us on a shuttle service / tour you acknowledge that your experience may involve a degree of personal risk. Customers travel entirely at their own risk and we take no responsibility for the security of personal belongings. Customers accept all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, consequential costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly while on tour even if such loss, damage or expense is caused by Wai Shuttles Ltd.’s negligence. We kindly recommend that customers take out private travel insurance prior to any travel occasion.
- Wai Shuttles Ltd / Wai Tours Ltd is not liable for any direct expenses or consequential losses incurred by a passenger due to delays, lateness in service, cancellations, accidents, road works, traffic delays etc. (including but not limited to missed flights, missed connecting flights, meetings, deadlines etc).
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, our maximum liability to you or any third party (including any claims of negligence on the part of Wai Shuttles Ltd / Wai tours Ltd) is limited to the amounts actually paid by you with respect to your booking
- Indemnity: You agree to indemnify Wai Shuttles Ltd / Wai Tours Ltd for any loss or damage suffered by us as a result of, or in connection with, any breach of these Terms or any negligence or wilful default, by you (or any other person covered by your booking).
- New Zealand Accident Compensation Scheme (ACC). You acknowledge that New Zealand has a no-fault law and claims are handled by the Accident Compensation Commission (“ACC”) pursuant to governing legislation, including the Accident Compensation Act 2001. Because of the wide range of help available from ACC after an injury, you cannot sue for personal injury in New Zealand, except for exemplary damages. Should you require additional cover outside that provided by ACC, then you should organise your own cover direct. Wai Shuttles Ltd. is not obliged to take out any such additional cover on your behalf. We recommend that you purchase adequate travel insurance
While our small-group tours are exclusively conducted in English, if you wish to provide a translator, we will be more than happy to work with them.
Connection and Time requirements (Timeliness)
For airport shuttle pick-ups you must be ready and present at least 5 minutes before your scheduled pick-up time. Failure to meet this time may result in the delay or cancellation of your service. In this case Wai Shuttles will not refund the cost of your scheduled transfer service or liable for any costs arising from the losses arising from the delay or cancellation of the service.
Guide dogs are welcome on Alpha Shuttles Limited vehicles. Please notify the presence of your guide dog at the time you make your reservation.
Passengers who require somebody to lift them on and off the vehicle must arrange for these services at their pick-up and drop-off points. For Health and Safety reasons, your driver is not permitted to participate in carrying passengers on and off the vehicle.
Should you have a complaint about your experience or service we urge you to discuss this at the time with your driver or tour guide. We also encourage you to send us your complaint or concerns as well as your positive feedback by email to email@example.com as soon as is convenient. We like to address any issues that may arise in a timely manner.
Photos and marketing
Passengers consent to us using images of you that have been taken during the services for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes. We can assure you that no unflattering footage or strange editing practices will be used.
Any personal information that we collect about you may be used for any purpose associated with the operation of your experience or to send you marketing material in relation to our events and special offers. The information may be disclosed to our agents, service providers, or other suppliers to enable us to operate your tour.
We may collect and hold personal information such as:
• your name, telephone number, email address, country of residence
• details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries
If you visit our website, we may also collect information that is not personal in nature to improve the experience and better market to our customers. This information may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that may be used in on our social media, or on our website. All guests authorise us to use his/her image (such as a photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen, please notify us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that any term or condition contained here is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason, then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
Updating of Terms & Conditions
Wai Shuttles Ltd / Wait Tours Ltd reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time. The latest terms and conditions can be found on the website waitours.co.nz and will supersede any previous versions.